Growing up I’ve always wanted to visit all the provinces in South Africa however my paternal family is from North West so I’d find myself frequenting that province only.At one point I stayed in the Central District of Botswana so by default I got to pass by Limpopo. It is only a couple of years ago that I debuted Gauteng and ever since then I was hooked. I must say,I’m yet to see other provinces but for now let’s focus on Joburg,another city I’ve decided that I’ll go as much as I can get to.
Initially when this trip was planned,together with my fellow creatives we were actually just going to attend the AFI Joburg Fashion Week. But trust me,you can never go to Joburg and not do other activities because Joburgers are sent from funville. Anyway let me highlight a few activities I got to do for 3 nights that I spent there.
1. Stayed in Sandton,Gauteng
2. House partied at Houghton Estate
3. Lunch out at Roco Mamas,Mandela Square
4. Shopped at Sandton City/Mandela Square
5. Dressed up for AFI Joburg Fashion Week
6. Media Lounged at Protea Hotel Fire & Ice,Melrose Arch
7. Chilled with fellow Batswana (SA and Botswana based) creatives at the Presidential Suite
8. FROWed (Front Rowed) Botswana Collections Show at AFI Joburg Fashion Week
9. Satisfied my cravings at Krispy Kreme Doughnuts
10. Convinced that I need to come back again and again and again,
Till next time,Jozi
PS: Comment down below activities/sites you think I should do or check out on my next Joburg trip in 2019