Blogmas? I wish…’in the spirit of Christmas I’ve decided to share a recipe of choice assorted cookies for you to try out as you kit start your Christmas Day celebration.
8 tbsp flour
4 tbsp margarine
1 beaten egg
4 tbsp sugar
4 tsp flavor of choice (coconut,lemon rind, dried fruits etc)
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius
2. Rub sieved flour with margarine in a mixing bowl
3. Add sugar and flavor( I used coconut) to the flour mixture
For cranberry cookies, add cranberries under flavor
For choc chip cookies, add choc chips under flavor
For lemon cookies, add lemon rind under flavor
4. Add 1 beaten egg to the mixture until it forms a dough. Keep adding more flour if the dough is too wet
5. Roll the dough on a floured board/ kitchen top and cut out small shapes with a cookie cutter (alternatively, use a glass for round shapes)
6. Place the cut out cookies on a greased baking tray.
GREASING TIP WHEN BAKING
Apply additional margarine on a baking tray
Lightly flour the baking tray so the cookies don’t stick to the tray
7. Bake on the top shelf for 15 minutes. Flip the cookies after for additional 5 minutes if they are not golden brown already.
Note that this recipe makes 8 cookies. Multiply the ingredients(their measurement) according to the number of cookies you would like to make.
I hope this recipe is easy for you to comprehend and try out. Drop a comment or engage with me on Instagram @one7one_ for questions regarding this recipe or anything else
Merry Christmas 🎄