2 & 1/2 cups flour
2 & 1/2 tsp yeast
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup water
2 tbsp butter/margarine
2 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp of raisins(optional)
For the rolls
1. In a large bowl; combine flour, yeast, raisins(optional) and salt. In a separate bowl/jug; combine water, milk, sugar and butter then heat using a microwave for 30-60seconds. Combine the two separate mixtures
2. Mix the two until you form a soft dough. You are going to have to sprinkle some additional flour to form this soft dough.
3. Cover your soft dough with a cling wrap/clean plastic bag until it doubles in size. That will take about 30mins or so.
4. Cut the dough into 12 equal ball shaped sizes. Put them on a greased baking pan. Cover the baking pan with a cling wrap/plastic and let the rolls rise in a warm place for another 30mins
5. Bake your rolls in a preheated oven at 180 degrees celsius for 30 minutes or until they are golden brown.
For the topping
6. In a separate cooking pan, put 2tbsp of sugar and pour 1/2 cup of water. Heat them up on low heat until a syrup is formed.
7. Brush your syrup on warm rolls immediately after taking them off the oven
Enjoy 😉 at home!!